Best NY-Style Pizza in Houston?

Texas is not known for pizza. I moved to Houston nine years ago from Chicago, one of the best cities for pizza, where it seems you can find slices of Chicago-style and/or New York-style on every other block. I’ve had a few good pizzas in Houston, but they’re few and far between.

Pizza by the slice in Houston? Almost non-existent. Walk into most pizza places and ask for a slice and they’ll look at you like you’ve got three heads. 

Photo: Tom Eats Houston
Maybe I was spoiled by living in Chicago so long, where it seems there's a pizza slice vendor on every other block. When I heard there was a pizzeria in downtown Houston that serves New York-style pizza slices, I jumped on a train to go see for myself

Downtown and hungry, I stumbled onto Frank's Pizza. It was a happy moment. Walking into the place felt like I was being transported through time and space, to a Brooklyn pizzeria in 1955. And slices! Pizza by the slice! To a former Chicagoan, that's huge. Any New Yorker understands that, too.

Frank’s Pizza did not disappoint. I focus only on their pizza here, but they offer much more. In my opinion, Frank’s serves one of Houston’s best pizzas...if not the best. But don't take my word for it, the reviews for Frank's Pizza are overwhelmingly good. See my full review on Google Maps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Keep it classy.