Liberty Taco: Freedom To Eat!

Liberty Taco
I was on my way to an appointment on a recent morning and got there early, as I've done before. I'd gotten in the habit of stopping in to a Subway nearby, but on this morning the Subway was gone and I was hungry. 

Liberty Taco is in Subway's former space, with an appealing storefront. The sign that advertised breakfast tacos (they open at 6:00 AM!) is what really hooked me, so I stepped in. I'm glad I did.

The friendly staff offered to answer any questions, without being overbearing. The space is long and narrow, but very efficient and comfortable. Where Subway's former sandwich-making counter once was is now a kitchen with a service window. Fun wallpapers adorn the room. 

Breakfast Brisket Taco
I scanned the menu and focused on the Breakfast Tacos and ordered the Texas Brisket, Egg & Cheese. I also ordered a coffee and was impressed that this little taco shop served Kona, a nice way to wait for my food.

I confess that the brisket taco looked small when the server delivered it to my table. But my opinion of it changed as soon as I picked it up. 

Liberty Taco menu
It had some heft to it, packed full of perfectly scrambled egg and nicely shredded brisket topped with cheddar. It oozed brisket juice every time I lifted it to my mouth. And OMG, it was delicious. If I had had more time I might have eaten three more.

I will definitely return, and I won't wait for another appointment nearby. They are now a destination unto themselves. That brisket breakfast taco impressed me that much, and the menu choices are very intriguing. To quote from their website, "Our made-to-order tacos will take your taste buds on a flavorful journey as you sample our Liberty Steak, Thai Basil, Cali Club, and other varieties.

A local chain, this is Liberty Taco's third location. They're only in Houston. Staff told me that the company has been around since 2017, and this store opened about four months ago. They have yet to add this location to their website. They're located in The Shops At Memorial City (12365 Kingsride Ln, Houston, TX 77024), just west of Memorial City Mall. (See Google Maps) Plenty of parking, outdoor tables available.  Phone: 713-992-5877

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Keep it classy.