My Amazing Luigi's Pizzeria Experience

When I lived in Chicago, I often stopped into pizza shops for a slice or two. But when I moved to Houston in 2013 I was amazed that by-the-slice is hard to find. It's taken for granted in Chicago, New York, and other cities. Not in Houston though. Happily, however, there are places that sell slices. Frank's for example, downtown, which I wrote about previously

Recently, however, I was delighted to find Luigi's Pizzeria at 4505 Bissonnet in Belaire, TX. (Video below)

Luigi's Philly sandwich
Join me for my video visit to Luigi's Pizzeria for pizza slices, sandwiches, salads and more in Bellaire, a Houston suburb. I had the "Luigi's Philly," a massive sub stuffed with tender, juicy beef and a lot of cheese (your choice, I did mozzarella).

Not a true Philly cheese steak, but it may be better because it's so juicy and succulent. I've had a lot of good cheese steaks, but none of them were juicy. Luigi's Philly has the best qualities of a cheese steak, offering the satisfaction of a lot of meat and cheese, combined with a "wet" Italian beef dripping in beefy goodness. Juice was pouring from the sandwich as I ate it. 

The Meats pizza slice
The bun held together, though, and added a subtle crunch to every bite. The meat was tender and I encounter no gristle or fat. Perfection.

I also had two huge pizza slices, a "Margherita" and "The Meats." The super thin crust is crispy perfection covered with generous toppings. They're big, too. I mean, really big slices.

The atmosphere is cozy, comfortable and kind of retro. A stand-up Centipede video game sits in a corner near the front door. This family-friendly eaterie also offers cheese cake, gelato, and more. Although they offer great salas and "vegan cheese," this is not a good choice if you're a strict vegan.

I'm hooked and will definitely return to Luigi's Pizzeria.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Keep it classy.